Updates Most Wednesdays



This blog is no longer updating. If you would like to see my recent artwork please visit http://carolineparkinson.co.uk.

Sunday 12 April 2009

Oh dear.







This is an extremely geeky project: a Half-Life 2 fan comic. I'm usually too busy to play computer games but the ones I do play I get very attached to. I suspect I like Half-Life so much because I recently finished reading Y-The Last Man and then grafted the character dynamic of Yorick and 355 on to Alyx and Gordon.
For some reason, I also decided that Gordon is ginger.

I was impressed by how quickly these computer coloured greyscale pages can be produced. Maybe if I ever start a webcomic, this is a good way to go.

I call this sort of cover design a "Big Giant Head" cover.

1 comment:

Dave said...

What a surprisingly sweet story. I love that big smile at the end of page three.

I hadn't noticed it was shaded on the computer until you pointed it out.

I really must finish HL2 at some point.