Updates Most Wednesdays



This blog is no longer updating. If you would like to see my recent artwork please visit http://carolineparkinson.co.uk.

Monday 4 July 2011

Austerity Caption 2011

This is an illustration for Caption 2011 (6-7th August) The theme this year is "Austerity" I usually donate a piece of artwork each year even if I can't attend. I looked at a lot of 40's era poster art before deciding that I preferred 50's travel posters, because frankly I have enough austerity in real life at the moment.

The city is Dubrovnik. The pencil art is inspired by Ray Harryhausen. I've started to try and get more textures into my work, which is a lot of fun, but messy. I rent and four years ago I dropped a whole bottle of indian ink down the cable hole in my desk. It's the only time I've ever lost my security deposit.

An A3 version of this will be at the charity auction, if anyone's attending and fancies bidding.

No comments: